Who we are
The mission of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is to secure a sustainable future for the Scotch Whisky industry. We want Scotch Whisky to be produced sustainably, traded globally and enjoyed responsibly.
Our teams work across Scotland, the UK and around the world to:
- drive our sustainability strategy, working with our supply chain to fully decarbonising the industry
- campaign for regulatory and tax environments which support improved competitiveness and prosperity
- secure rules and frameworks that allow Scotch Whisky to trade freely and compete equally with like products anywhere in the world
- agree legal frameworks that ensure Scotch Whisky does not face unfair competition by enabling effective intellectual property protection
- build constructive relationships with national governments and international institutions on the role alcohol plays in society, including promoting responsible consumption and participating in action to tackle misuse.
SWA Strategy: 2023-2025
The SWA's mission is to secure a sustainable future for the Scotch Whisky industry.
This guiding principle of the Scotch Whisky Association's 2023 - 2025 Strategy will be to ensure sustainability is embedded in all that we do - from the industry's workforce to reaching consumers around the world; from delivering on our net-zero commitments to supporting the supply chain to make its own green transition; and from investing in communities across Scotland to growing exports to global markets.
The three-year strategy will focus on three strategic pillars:
People | Planet | Prosperity
Working with our member companies - which account for 97% of Scotch Whisky by production - as well as our supply chain and stakeholders across the UK and global markets, we will use our voice to help the industry harness the opportunities of the future, and ensure Scotch Whisky is produced sustainably, traded globally and enjoyed responsibly.
2023-2025 Strategic Objectives
2023 - 2025 Strategic Outcomes