Who we are
The mission of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is to drive the best possible global business environment for Scotch Whisky.
This means working to achieve:
- a regulatory and tax environment which supports improved competitiveness, profitability and productivity
- rules and frameworks that allow Scotch Whisky to trade freely and compete equally with like products anywhere in the world
- legal frameworks that ensure Scotch Whisky does not face unfair competition by enabling effective intellectual property protection
- constructive relationships with national governments and international institutions on the role alcohol plays in society, including promoting responsible consumption and participating in action to tackle misuse.
SWA's strategy sets out three strategic goals for the period 2018-2023, namely to:
- Enhance the industry's position through and beyond Brexit
- Secure the sustainability of the industry
- Create the circumstances for global growth
These goals are interlocking, mutually supportive and organisation-wide. At the heart of delivering them is effective collaborative working between teams and functions across the SWA. Importantly, they are dependent on a deep and effective partnership with our members, the sector and wider stakeholders.